Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Scope This

Being in that highly exclusive group of people who have attained the age of fifty, I made a monumental move forward in the quest of personal health and responsibility. Or something. Meaning that I met Dr. Park this afternoon. And in two weeks from tonight, I shall be in the middle of that most dreaded pre-procedural procedure of emptying my entire intestinal tract of its contents. So I can have a screening colonoscopy! Giving a whole new meaning to the phrase, no shit! Will I feel crappy afterwards? I have been assured that I will feel nothing during, since I will be out, as in, happy sleepy drugs! I have not undergone anesthesia for seventeen years. And, yes, that was in the same hospital stay as giving birth to the 17yo. I wasn't going to make you do the math. My health insurance claims to cover this screening procedure 100%, but it is recommended that I contact them to make sure. There might be something in that blasted fine print that somehow obliges me to pay for part of it. I hope they take some nice pictures while they're in there. Meanwhile, there's a whole list of stuff that I must do and must not do for a whole week prior. This girl knows how to kick off the summer in a big way. A big ass way!

3 comments:

Ed said...

Now I can't stop grinning.

Bellona of Avalon said...

My colon and I are happy to be here for your amusement, Ed.

Ed said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHH Stop the train!