Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ladies & Gentlemen, Senator Al Franken!

I'm not a Minnesota resident. But I've been paying pretty close attention to the contested US Senate race there. Try to imagine my elation and relief when I started my car to leave work this afternoon and Al Franken's victory was all over Minnesota Public Radio. Yessssss! I remember hearing the very sad news of the death of Minnesota Senator Paul Wellstone in much the same way. October 2002, driving east on I90. So this afternoon felt like a full circle kind of thing. It shouldn't have taken this long, but at last, we're here. Go, Al!

3 comments:

Ed said...

Comedians, wrestlers, Minnesota is so cool.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Garrison Keillor is a national treasure. I have a date with him on Saturday. Wanna come, Ed?

Ed said...

Garrison scares me.