Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm It

Tantra Flower tagged me. I'm going to oblige, mainly because I need a distraction and because I can't seem to sleep. The tag stops here, however. I've never had a good response with passing these on to other bloggers.


What is your current obsession?


I'm not terribly obsessed with anything at the moment, in fact I feel a little unfocused. I have some available time to allow an obsession in, but mostly I'm just trying to get my list of summer projects accomplished.


What are you wearing today?


From head to toe, at this very moment, three earrings, a cotton nightie with little fish on it, complete with fish shaped buttons, my pink bathrobe, a silver bracelet, belly ring and a toe ring. I also am wearing nail polish, nude on my fingers and cherry brandy on my toes.


What’s for dinner?


It's 6:31 am, I haven't considered dinner yet!


What’s the last thing you bought?


A round of drinks at the little bar in Hendricks, MN. A Fat Tire beer for me and a glass of red wine for Colleen.


What are you listening to right now?


The fan on my laptop and the ticking clock hanging on the wall.


If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?


Wherever I could find warmth and comfort in the arms of someone I love, who loves me.


Which language do you want to learn?


Vulcan. I'm a geek wannabe.


What do you love most about where you currently live?


The memories, good and not so good, that are here in this house where I have lived for twenty-three years.


What is your favorite colour?


I'm fatally attracted to pink, I love pink things! If something comes in pink, I want it! But the colors I love being in and around are greens and blues.


What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?


My Born riding boots. In black, of course.


Describe your personal style?


As far as how I dress, for work I dress like a slob, because ag-industrial isn't pretty. Otherwise, I love jeans and flowy, hippie tops and sundresses. I'm crazy for accessories like scarves and jewelry and make an effort to not go overboard with them. In decorating, I love rich colors and textures and do my best to keep the clutter down. With entertaining, my favorite thing to do with guests is cook for them and make them feel at home. I'm a food pusher just like my Norwegian grandmother, Esther, and feel sometimes as though I'm channeling her!


If you had $300 now, what would you spend it on?


I have $300, and I'm hanging onto it because I'm working only 11 hours a week now, and don't go back full time til September 1.


What are you going to do after this?


Read the paper, take a nap, meditate.


Your favorite smell?


Don't make me choose a favorite! Lilacs in bloom, pheromones, brewing coffee, bread baking. My cat, Einstein, at times gives off a lovely scent that's sort of sweet and cinnamon-y.


Do you collect anything?


Polar bears, penguins, snowmen, Santa Claus's, faeries, bunnies, books, books, books.


What makes you follow a blog?


Subject matter, sometimes I just feel a connection to the writer, most of the blogs I follow I know the writer personally. The ones I don't know I would like to meet.


Do you like to comment on blogs or just lurk?


I comment, those who know me would confirm that I have a hard time being quiet.


What’s one thing you dream of doing?


Making my living off of writing. I've written a novel that is languishing in the second-draft stage, have ideas for at least ten more, and have written hundreds of poems.


What is your biggest regret?


The failure of my marriage. I'm happy to be single, didn't expect to be single at this point in my life, and I have no desire to be back together with my ex, but hindsight is so crystal-clear. I regret not recognizing and dealing with our problems when it could have made a difference.


What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?


Sleep in, make soup, read. If it's a warm front gentle rain I love being out in it.


Do you have a tattoo?


I have three of them!


Are you left handed, right handed, ambidextrous, or a little of both?


I remember being ambidextrous before I went to school. My first grade teacher made me sit on my left and and write and color with my right hand. I have lingering right/left confusion and golf and go up to bat left handed. I mount a bike, motorcycle and horse backwards, too, which means the kickstand on my bike is forever on the wrong side!


Do you play an instrument?


I don't, yet I wish that I did, yet I put no effort into learning to play anything. I regret this, but perhaps those around me are grateful for it.



2 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

I love your answers!

I don't usually tag people either; I've never had a good response to these memes in the past so I stopped bothering.

You're the only one who has humored me so far on this one and I'm so happy you did. Your toenail polish sounds pretty. :)

I think I misunderstood the personal style question. You know, when I was on eHarmony I never understood what the fuck they meant by that and never knew how to answer. That's one of the canned first set of questions and a lot of men seem to choose it for some reason. Maybe because they think it's innocuous, but it was torture for me. I even closed a guy out because I didn't want to answer it. lol (and I wonder why I'm still single!)

Thank you!!! xoxoxo

Bellona of Avalon said...

You're welcome! It was fun.