Friday, June 12, 2009

Cruel Clarks



Sigh. There they are. Aren't they lovely? Clark's Santiago Cork sandal. In magenta. I have been lusting after these shoes since I spied them in the Herberger's sale flyer earlier this week. Let me say unabashed and upfront that I love Clark's shoes. Especially the clogs. Love how stylish and comfortable they are. Imagine my dismay earlier this evening when I had the opportunity to try on this shoe. As cute as they are, they are agonizingly painful to attempt walking or merely standing while having them on your feet! I know, I know, women wear all manner of footwear that are all about the appearance and nary a teensy thought concerning their comfort. But this girl demands comfort as well as style. What an enormous disappointment! I have found a Clark's shoe that is cruel. Unthinkable that they could create such an adorable sandal that is all but unwearable. The interesting part was, even the saleswoman in the shoe department said that she hasn't sold a pair all week. Many, many try-ons, but the verdict has been pretty much unanimous. Cute but cruel.

3 comments:

Ed said...

And just think what would happen if you dropped a transmission on your foot! Yikes!

Bellona of Avalon said...

I'm not in the habit of carrying transmissions about, so I didn't inquire as to whether a steel-toed version is available.

Tantra Flower said...

They are cute. Gah I love shoes so much. Too bad I hate shopping with a fiery passion or I'd have more than two tattered pair.

You'll find some sandals that are equally as cute and comfy. :)