Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beer News

In the wide, wide world of possibilities and predicaments, who'd a thunk that Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, the Charlie's Angel and the King of Pop, would exit this plane of wrath and sorrow on the same day? And on a completely different note, this is the third night in a row (unheard of!) that I have been out drinking. In conjunction with this, Fat Tire beer is now on tap in South Dakota! Blessed be. Also, this has already been one hell of a week. In the workplace arena, my department was asked to volunteer a no pay furlough til September 1 or a reduction of hours until the same date, and two very capable, very hardworking co-workers were fired (or downsized or let go, choose your favorite euphemism) today. My potential love life is in the toilet (I get knocked down, but I get up again!). And yet, in the face of all this despair, I remain optimistic, resolute, and happy. I'm not just waiting for the times to get better, I'm ready to participate fully in making them better. Oh, and I made our server blush last night. I've still got it. Hope you're getting it, too. And even though my actual calendar birthday is two weeks from today, the celebration has begun.

3 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

It is nice to see you are optimistic. Happy two weeks leading up to your birthday. One can never start celebrating too early!

My embarrassing admission of the day is that when I first heard the news about Michael Jackson, I was pissed that he was taking the spotlight off of Farrah Fawcett. Before you judge me, the media is now going to squander this wonderful opportunity to teach women about the HPV vaccination and other measures that can actually prevent anal cancer so that they can give more coverage to MJ, even though they have nothing new to say.

Also, I couldn't get news about Iran last night. I am sad for his family; I feel rather indifferent about his death. I don't like feeling this way, but that is just the truth.

Ed said...

Tantra, you obviously need to go to "re-education camp".

Bellona of Avalon said...

What will happen to MJ's kids? Esp in light of the fact that he died deeply in debt. TF, you feel how you feel and you don't have to apologize. Ed runs a re-education camp out in the lovely Black Hills...maybe both of us should sign up for a couple of weeks in the woods!