Monday, May 4, 2009

Potential is an Optimistic Word

This week the unnamed internet dating service has found 658 men who are potential matches for me! I have discovered how I am able to whip through and dismiss most of these guys so quickly. Once I weed out the ones who don't post a photo (c'mon!, you've got to have the balls to at least post one photo!), the ones who have the same name as my former husband (just can't do that) or either of my sons (just a little creepy) and the ones who are ambiguous about marital status, tobacco use or where they actually live, there are eleven guys left. Of those, four of them are fat guys on Harleys, three are looking for love in a 25 mile radius, two of them prefer someone younger than me, even if they are OLDER than me, one is shorter than me (I'm only 5'4"!), and one I emailed last week and it is doubtful that he will respond. On the brighter side, if you want a good laugh, go here!

4 comments:

Ed said...

Hey! That link didn't work for me or my computer. Hang out at "the mall", spot guys with the right "look" and "vibe", then stalk them to find out their dirty little secrets. If they have jobs, no debt, no kids, no women, and clean windows, THEN cleverly arrange to meet them (or him). Just a suggestion, you understand, I'm not selling one of those how to meet your soul mate books (or videos).

Bellona of Avalon said...

Then you'll have to type it in!

www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html


Clean windows? Perhaps the most educated guy I ever dated had the dirtiest windows I've ever seen. Dead bugs on the windowsill and everything. What does it all mean?

e said...

It means some stuff always falls through the net.

Tantra Flower said...

By the time I finally gave up on eHarmony I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 matches not work out. Some because their profiles were vague and incomplete, others because they said things like, "I'm looking for a wife who knows her place and understands my need to be the head of the household" and others because they never responded to me, etc. etc. etc. It was mentally and emotionally exhausting. My new strategy is to just not give a fuck. That's not working so well either, but I'm much happier. :)

Thank you so much for the link. That was hilarious!!!