Sunday, May 10, 2009

Important Stuff to Remember About Bike Riding

* Remember to downshift before stopping! It is very difficult to get going from a dead stop in 5th gear. It is also somewhat painful and you look like a total idiot.

*Take your camera! I rode past the soccer fields south of town and there were so many gigantic, colorful kites up in the air! Huge, trapezoidal ones and one looked like a dragon, there was a blue fish and an absolutely enormous orange fish kite that was only about ten feet off the ground. Maybe there wasn't enough breeze for a kite the size of a Volkswagon.

*Buy an odometer! I'd like to know how many miles I'm racking up. I became dependent on my bike buddy, Sue, who has one, but these days I'm usually riding alone.

*Walking down the basement steps too soon after biking five or so miles is quite agonizing. I made horrible noises the first three steps down and then clung to the banister the rest of the way. I'm fine now.

3 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

Hello, beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. :) I had a lovely morning with my son, we then went to visit my mother and grandmother in Wilson; all of my siblings were there with their children. What a day!!! It was really nice.

I have gotten really behind this past week. Had finals and at the same time had some tie-dye orders to fill -- not complaining a bit about that at all. :)

I wish I could ride a bike. I guess I probably can if the old adage is true, but I haven't gotten on one in years. That's great that you are riding. Very good for your health and spirit! I see you've posted a lot since I was here last so I have some reading to do... *hug*

Ed said...

You getting ready for a Triathlon?

Daanish said...

It has been a while,but I loved my bike riding days.

Nice post.