Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Hardest of Goodbyes

There is a frightful shortage of truly good people on this earth. And sadly, today there is one fewer among us. My brother, Cullen, was killed in a car accident this morning. He was one of those people who made me have hope for the world just because he was here. He was kind and generous. Smart and handsome. Funny and talented. He loved his wife and their pets and ballroom dancing. I never heard an ex-girlfriend speak ill of him. I remember laying my cheek against Mom's pregnant belly and feeling him kick from the other side. He's on some other side once again, and I'm so very sad that he is gone. So, I'm going to Atlanta, where he's lived for the last twenty years. To spend some time with others who loved him. To share memories and stories. And give each other comfort and try to fill in the enormous hole he has left behind.

3 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

I am so sorry for your loss. :( Have a safe trip.

Namaste

Ed said...

Sorry. Take care.

colleen said...

You've spoken so fondly of Cullen through the years; The news of your loss leaves me speechless. You'll be in my constant thoughts and prayers.