Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm Crazy...

....crazy for feelin' so lonely...Okay. Did you know that when Willie Nelson was writing his iconic song, Crazy, that the original word was stupid? And mere minutes before he recorded it as a demo he changed the word to crazy. Crazy, stupid, toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe. At any rate, either because I'm crazy or stupid, or substitute adjective of your choice here, I have once again signed up for three months with an on-line dating service. Despite the less than lackluster results the first time. Maybe it was the reduced rate they offered. Maybe it was the compelling profile of some guy named Paul. If that is his real name. Now all I have to do today is grocery shop, get the younger son to a birthday party, and needle the elder son if he has not yet completed his income tax return. And begin the cleaning of the laundry room. Or maybe just close the door. I think before and after pictures are in order. Who wants to see how truly disgusting my laundry room has become? I don't. Which is why I close the door.

5 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

That is my favorite Willie song.

They lured me back with that 3 for 1 deal several months back. It's hard to resist. lol I had terrible luck though. So many of the men I came across were not really ready to date. Not that I'm wanting to rush into anything, but it would have been nice to move on from exchanging emails. Very frustrating experiences indeed. I won't go into all of them here, but I am here if you ever want to vent or exchange stories. You seem like such a kind-hearted and authentic woman...I wish you a lot of luck.

Peace to you.

Ed said...

You better clean that laundry room! Tantra, she is authentic. Your perceptual ability is intact! So many do not have that ability. Be careful using that online dating system, girls.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks, Tantra. Indeed, we could dish about dating experiences!

Ed, you're so sweet and just a tad bossy! Why aren't you my boyfriend?

Ed said...

I'm far away and way too old for you.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Gosh, Ed, you can't be that much older than me! And I have a car, there's this thing called I90...