Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ides of April

From April through September last year I had a six month stretch where I managed to work fewer than forty hours per week. Between vacation hours and holidays and going part-time during the summer I managed to still get paid enough to get by. And since I'm such a trendsetter that people feel the need to pick up my cast-off stuff from the curb, I am once again embarking on six months of semi-slothfulness. Meaning that I am taking a day off and am still in my jammies. My home projects are progressing nicely! The gaping hole in the roof has been repaired. Ignorance is truly blissful in that I have suffered greater anxiety since the hole was fixed pondering what disaster might have befallen than I did for the two months idly wondering what that horrible metallic scraping sound could possibly be. What it possibly was turned out to be the prevailing prairie winds ripping the cap for the ridge vent off its moorings! The garage door once again opens and closes quietly and efficiently at the touch of a button. The bottom half of the closets still needs a coat or two of stain-blocking primer and some paint and then the bedroom itself gets painted! I would like to personally thank whoever it was that invented this ceiling paint that goes on purple and dries white! You can actually see where you've painted! I hesitate to call it miraculous but it most certainly was a stroke of genius.

3 comments:

Ed said...

Are you saying that you are a slacker? That paint thing is cool. How long have they had that? Can you huff it? What color will your face be?

Bellona of Avalon said...

I'm a slacker wannabe. Alas, due to my Norwegian/Lutheran upbringing, I cannot shake the guilt if I am totally unproductive. And you would not want to huff this paint. It smells pretty nasty, and after being exposed to it all weekend, I did not experience euphoria. Or any sort of phoria at all. If your face started out purple, I would suppose it would then turn white. Any other questions?

Ed said...

Huh?