Friday, April 10, 2009

Home Improvement

Have I told you before how much I adore my sons? And what wonderful human beings they are? I ran their fannies off yesterday with furniture moving and hauling fifty pound bags of water softener salt and carpet ripping up and carpet installing and computer tear-down and set-up. The cats are not happy about my bedroom furniture in the dining room and living room. They haven't done anything specific thus far to express their displeasure. It could be that I simply have not found their little statement of protestation because I have not yet stepped in it. The best defense would be to give them treats. Now. At this very moment the guy who installs garage door openers is finishing up installing mine. Go figure. I thought I might catch him doing the windows or raking the lawn. About an hour ago the roof guy showed up and his estimate was around a hundred bucks to fix the ridge vent. Yesss!! And with any luck, before it rains. Maybe I should wait to paint the ceiling in my bedroom, which is directly under the roof breach, just in case that twenty percent turns suddenly into a deluge. At least I don't have to worry about whether my attic is properly ventilated.

2 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

Y'all have been busy. It sounds like you did a fantastic job of raising your sons, if you don't mind me saying. :)

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks! Being a mom has been probably the most difficult/most rewarding aspect of my life. They really are wonderful young men! Sometimes I feel like I've had so little to do with how they are turning out...I just love them and feed them and carefully choose the battles and let the rest go. You're a mom, too, so I'm sure you can relate.