Monday, March 30, 2009

S'Matterings

*The age of miracles is upon us...a very deserving coworker won $10,000 on a $1 lottery scratch ticket! Oh, and even bigger! Men, including a manager, scrubbed the floor in the corn lab last Thursday afternoon!

*Another item for the curb list, the mostly non-functional dehumidifier that I've been tripping over in the laundry room for two years. It must go!

*And, of course, the big fat question on everyone's mind is, will we get a ton of snow dumped on us over the next twenty-four hours?!?! Will March exit as the proverbial lion?!?! Does anyone remember how March came in?

*I have known for years that I have a tremendous amount of fun with my girlfriends. I also have a pretty good time doing things on my own. Could someone please explain to me why I want and/or need a man in my life? Why do I crave male companionship? For crying out louder than necessary! For what reasonable, logical, practical purpose could I possibly desire that sort of complication?!?! Oh, yeah. I remember now, it's coming back to me. Never mind.

*Newton and Einstein don't know yet, but in just a little over a week major mayhem will take over the household. Furniture shuffling. Carpet removal. Painting. Including the closets in my bedroom. Scraping that nasty bubble texture off the ceiling and painting it a brilliant white. Carpet installation. More furniture shuffling. Ahhhh. My new and improved bedroom! And I must thank the very friendly and capable young woman at the local Lowe's who beautifully matched the no longer available Martha Stewart color, Beeswax, that is currently on my bedroom walls, in another brand of paint.

*Is it really an entire year since I headed out for Arizona? What a memorable, terrific road trip. I still need to drive around Lake Superior in the Subaru. And I absolutely must go camping this summer!!!

*I'm contemplating buying a new bike this spring. A comfy bike that I can ride in a more upright position. My ten-plus year old mountain bike just isn't going to do the trick anymore. I really do enjoy biking and haven't done nearly enough of it the last couple of years. My knees will thank me. My blood pressure will thank me. And I kinda want a pink one. With a matching pink helmet. Does that surprise anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful with the bubble texture on the ceiling-are you sure it's not made of/with asbestos? It's quite common in that sort of ceiling texture...

Bellona of Avalon said...

No asbestos, just tiny styrofoam beads and wall spackle. I still wear a mask and goggles because it's so messy! But thanks for your concern.

Ed said...

I think you had oughta talk to the cats about the changes. You know they're gonna be wondering. And you know they do not like being left out of the decision making process.

colleen said...

I signed on too late to call you, but I'm DYING to know who won $10K!