Sunday, March 8, 2009

In The Mailbox.....

...the snail mail box, that is. Amongst the usual assortment of catalogs, pizza coupons, bills and cable/dish tv offers this week were two genuine pieces of personal mail! The most exciting was my radioactive tshirt from MPR! There it is! Evidence that I am a true supporter of public broadcasting. I know, I could have opted to receive no thank you gift at all, which would mean that more of my actual dollars would go to support programming, but the way I see it, this is advertising that is worth much more than the fair market declared value of this shirt. Which is fifteen dollars. Am I feeling guilty now? And while we're on the subject of thank you, the other piece of personal mail was a hand-addressed thank-you note! From Dianne the sales lady at the furniture store where I purchased the chair for the 16yo last week. With, of course, her business card enclosed. Sincerely, even. Am I supposed to feel that Dianne and I now have a close personal relationship? What are the social protocals involved? I thought our little fling was over when I signed on the dotted line after my Visa card was approved. I may have to put on the radioactive tshirt, then go sit in my son's new chair and ponder this. Oh, and thank you for reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm radioactive. Not because I donated to public radio, but because I used to be involved with nuclear weapons. Does that count? When will I start noticing the effects? The government won't talk to me about it. Got any ideas?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Do you glow in the dark? Does this radioactivity give you special powers? Maybe all you need is a cape and some tights...

Anonymous said...

I do not glow in the dark (yet), I have special powers and I really hate tights. At least, I think I hate tights. I'm not ever going to wear them so perhaps I am just plain bigoted.

Bellona of Avalon said...

What about the cape? Maybe some boots...tell me more about the special powers. I'm guessing you don't like tights because of the name. It just sounds unpleasant. Tights. Ouch. I bet you'd look way hot in tights, Ed. ;)

Anonymous said...

The cape might work. No tights. The special powers can only be felt.