Thursday, February 12, 2009

Obscenities & Income Tax 2008

I have just e-filed my federal income tax return! And my refund shall magically appear via electronic deposit in ten or so days. And where, precisely does that three bucks for the Presidential Election Campaign fund come from if it does not come from my taxes? Where the hell is this mythical well of money and how do I get to it? Will it show up on my GPS? Wait a minute, I don't have a GPS. But it would be worth the money if it could locate the PEC fund money-seemingly-from-nowhere cow. And now onto a completely different subject that also involves a mysterious source, but not of cash, of obscenities! Every few months the HR department where I work sends out an important email to all employees, at least that's the title said email is given in the subject box. The email states very clearly that obscenities, jokes or remarks of a sexual or inappropriate nature do not belong in our professional, respectful workplace. That my place of employment strives to provide an atmosphere of non-hostility that is pleasant for all to perform their various work-related tasks. Figuring out what sort of incident broke the rules and who the persons involved were is always a nebulous bit of information to nail down. I swear it wasn't me! It wasn't me that prompted the scolding email! Not this time, anyway. I hope to find out tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It WAS you! To get your hands on some of that easy money just start a large band or insurance company. Maybe a Political Action Committee. Or do it my way, tip over one of those armored cars and get the green stuff out. DO NOT tell a lot of people that you are doing this. OMG, did I just say that out loud?

Anonymous said...

Let's face it, Carla, whenever feathers are ruffled, you manage to find yourself somewhere in the fray! Will be eager to get the scoop.