Thursday, February 5, 2009

Festival or Assigned?

As overheard in the lunchroom yesterday, "well, I 'spose if I get going by eight-thirty tomorrow morning, I should get to the funeral in time to get a good seat." Somebody please explain to me what a good seat at a funeral could possibly be!! I would think that sitting anywhere would be preferable to lying down in that particular situation. And when you think about it, with the exception of seating family members together in the front, there is no assigned seating at a funeral. Which leaves everyone else with festival seating. Depending on how you feel about the dearly departed, festival could be an appropriate term.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, there are some strange persons out there in the real world. Which is why I prefer my world.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?