Saturday, January 3, 2009

Looking for Mr. Good-Wit

I like to think that I'm highly evolved enough to not cling to stereotypes. Even though I have this nagging thought that there is a reason stereotypes exist to begin with. That somewhere in there exists a tiny kernal of truth. Kind of like a nice big fat juicy piece of gossip. What people are saying isn't entirely true but there is a teeny, tiny fact at the core of the story. And I hate to apply generalities where they don't belong. That said, allow me to plunge into the pit of stereotypical generalizations. It has dawned on me that often when a man claims to appreciate a great sense of humor in a woman, he doesn't really mean that he likes a clever, funny, witty sort of personality. What he really means is that he truly expects you to laugh when he farts! As proof of your great sense of humor! And all I have to say about that is, I can pull my own finger. My apologies to all of the great guys out there who expect more, who do have a great sense of humor and who appreciate the same in a woman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you picking guys up in Wal-Mart parking lots or what?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Only outside the better department and auto parts stores. Occasionally near garbage dumpsters.

Anonymous said...

The ones near dumpsters are probably the motivated philosopher types. The department store ones are probably using credit cards and have no money. The parts store guys might be useful to a girl. Good luck.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Would that be called Looking for Mr GoodWrench?