Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, the 44th President of the United States of America!

Does anyone else feel inspired? We watched the entire inaugural ceremony while we worked this morning. On the big tv screen that normally displays our barcode scanning and watering table temperature. I must say that it was not even close to being there, but it was warmer and more convenient. I was inspired, moved, and hopeful. The absolute best moment was daughter Sasha's thumbs up for her Dad with her little, orange gloved hand. And may I say that it is truly wonderful to have a president who can speak English in complete and correct sentences! And, yes, I voted for him. The Obama/Biden ticket did not prevail in SD but I'm still taking credit for my part in it!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I let my class watch. I said, "In 50 years when you look back, I want you to say you saw it live not 'my teacher made me do Spanish instead.'"

Here's that picture--I'm sure you found it, too. She was too cute for words all morning-fidgeting and whatnot!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//090120/480/1c9a226fc6b8466f8ca8a1ea9d50c37d/

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks! No, I hadn't found it, I sorta ran out of patience scrolling through all the photos. There were only a few thousand...