Friday, January 16, 2009

January Doldrums

I am considering rearranging some furniture. And cleaning. And finishing packing away the Christmas decorations. Once they make it down to that room in the basement it's anyone's guess how long it will actually take until they are properly put away. And shoveling that crusted over pile of chunky snow off of the end of my driveway that the freaking snowplow deposits there! Is there a specific word for that crusty pile of snow? I have four decrepit bananas that would make some lovely banana walnut bread if I could just get inspired to bake. The 16yo just sneezed quite vociferously. I would prefer that he does not share his cold with me. At any rate, I have probably already been exposed. He likely thinks his sniffles will get him off snow shoveling duty. He's probably right. And I'll probably make him chicken soup to boot. And knocking me out of my winter doldrums, there he was, the scowling yet gorgeous Kyle Chandler in the return of Friday Night Lights just an hour ago. He almost makes me care about football.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I sure hope that FNL is on Hulu or NBC today! I love that show. It made me go to a football game this past fall...the first time in a couple of decades.

Bellona of Avalon said...

I watched it on NBC last light...a DirectTV channel had first rights to air this season's episodes with NBC picking them up afterwards. The writer's strike last year nearly did in FNL and I'm so glad it was saved! If you have high speed internet, you can watch last night's episode on line at nbc.com.

Anonymous said...

If only you could get Bush to declare war on that pile of snow before he is run out of town.

Bellona of Avalon said...

There is a rumor that WMD's might possibly at one time have been stashed under that pile of snow...