Thursday, January 1, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!


Okay, it's not below zero, the photo is from last week. I have a call in to Brian the Furnace Guy and I hope he gets back to me soon! For the second time this winter the furnace is on the fritz! The last frustrating furnace fiasco cost $140!! And the horrible, loud rattling when the heat kicked in this morning sounded expensive. Ah, the joys of being a homeowner in South Dakota in January! Until the furnace is back on line I have sweaters, blankets, fat fuzzy socks, hot water and a large bathtub and two cuddly cats. Maybe I should bake something. What a great rationalization to prolong the Christmas pudge that has set in! Crank up the oven and bake because the furnace isn't working! Happy 2009 to all of you and I hope you're keeping warm.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Brrrr! Are your pipes safe?

Bellona of Avalon said...

We're good unless we drop below 40 degrees. The upstairs temp is 54 this morning and the basement should be a little warmer. With any luck Brian the Furnace Guy will show up today.

Anonymous said...

Burn some furniture?