Thursday, December 11, 2008

Countdown

In approximately 40 hours, I'm hosting a Christmas Tea. Here. In my disastrously messy, only partially decorated home. And what have I done about it? Well, tonight I brought home take-out Chinese and sat around with the green-haired son and ate, yakked and listened to music and discussed many random and fascinating things. Right smack in the middle of this disastrously messy, only partially holiday decorated house. When in approximately 40 hours I'll have guests. And when you consider that I'll need something on the order of 16 of those hours for sleeping and nine of those hours for working, that leaves 15 hours for cleaning, decorating, and food preparation. Not to mention the time involved to clean, decorate, and dress ME! This is much too complex and difficult to consider right now. Think I'll have to sleep on it.

2 comments:

mvanbem said...

I'm still writing my lab reports ... on the plus side I wrote some verbose stuff for my Facebook profile and spent a while on the phone with a similarly procrastinating friend I haven't talked to in a while.

Anonymous said...

I suppose that if you just burned the house down you would lose a bunch of stuff that you don't want to lose. So that won't work. Hey, have the party in your unknown neighbors' house. You can blame them for everything. Everything.