Friday, October 3, 2008

tgif


It's Friday. I got off work two hours early. That almost makes up for having gone in two hours late due to the dentist appointment this morning. Just a cleaning and check up, no cavities, no problems. It is a beautiful fall day out here. Sunny. With a mild breeze and 72 degrees on the thermometer. I am out on the deck with my laptop and a freshly opened Beck's Dark. My feet are shoeless and my toes are happy. Grilled burgers are on the menu for this evening. And an evening by the fire in the backyard. Life is good. And sometimes staying home is as good as it gets. If you're in the neighborhood, stop on by, the beer is cold and the party lights are on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aside from the dentist appointment your day sounded great. Looked like it was a beautiful day there. Was a bit coolish here but we had yesterday what you have today. I told my kids to spend as much time out in the good whether as much as possible while there is still good whether to be had. OH boy am I not looking forward to the cold. But there is definitely something so great about a warm fire in ones living room sipping a cup of hot chocolate. :)
I think this is my first time commenting on your blog but I have been reading it for a little while now. You are a very intersting person and I love how you write. I wish I could write like that.
Anyway, you take care and stop on by blog sometime. :)
~Salina

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks for reading, Salina. I'm not looking forward to winter, either, but I do love getting back into sweaters and flannel jammies and making soup on the weekends.