Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just Say Nay

I believe that it is frequently just as important to know what you don't want as it is to know what you do want. Something that I definitely don't want is a long distance fuck-buddy relationship with nothing real and substantive in sight. And I believe this is what I have been offered. No, thank you. You seem like a nice guy who might be fun to spend some time with and I am flattered that you find me attractive. Maybe what I want is the frosting but what I need is a cake. And I just don't have the energy to put into something that's going nowhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of cake?

Anonymous said...

Frosting is so tasty, but ya gotta have substance. Sad, but true, dangit.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Carrot. With cream cheese icing. And walnuts.

Deanna said...

Yowza. Just say no to frosting. It's a complement, not a stand-alone.