Sunday, September 28, 2008

Excruciatingly Correct

When I left the artisan bakery this morning, with my handmade goodies wrapped up in their environmentally correct, high percentage post-consumer recycled content containers, and my fair trade coffee, I hopped into the Subaru and started it up and NPR came on the radio. Had I been wearing Birkenstocks I would have been a walking cliche. I felt like hugging a tree, adopting a Sudanese orphan, and making a greater effort to live greener than I currently try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really feeling good is driving an old truck that burns oil, needs a muffler, gets eight miles per gallon, and will get you home when you're drunk. Throwing beer cans out the window that doesn't work gives tree huggers something to do in their spare time. Did I just say that?