Saturday, August 9, 2008

Up the River

It's official. A guy I used to keep company with is now a convicted felon. I read it in the newspaper so it must be true! True, I haven't laid eyes (or any other body part) on the fellow for over twenty years, and the time of our involvement was 25 years ago. But some names stick in your memory for better or for worse. We had a long distance relationship, he lived in Pierre at the time, so most of the time we spent together was on the phone, often late at night when he got off work. I find it ironic that when we were seeing each other he was a bartender and part of his job was to determine if a bar patron was too intoxicated to be served another drink. He was just convicted of felony (third offense) DUI. What he used to be responsible to decide for others he apparently wasn't so good at on a personal level. At least three times, assuming that on average a person who habitually drives drunk doesn't get caught every single time. Another interesting tidbit from the listing in the paper is that he only lives a few blocks away from me. And the last time I remember bumping into him was at our local K Mart when I was pregnant with my elder son. All I really remember about him is that he was an absolutely fabulous kisser. On a boyfriend scale of one to ten, I would say he rated approximately a two. Hey, great kissing accounts for a lot! Which makes me wonder if I will indeed cross paths with J any time soon. Which makes me wonder if J is a fabulous kisser, and if he will get the opportunity to prove it to me. Unless he recently was sent to the slammer. Which would actually be a pretty good reason for not calling.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Wow--a fabulous kisser? I can't say that about most of the men I've kept company with! Only one stands out and that 17 years ago. I sure hope this J gets off the fence and calls. I just hope it's not his "one phone call"!