Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Real Deal

I have got to stop watching Sex and the City reruns on the CW network. First of all, the reception is crappy. I have been cable-free for nearly six years and plan to stay that way. Well, we'll see how I feel when analog broadcast ends next February. And secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I really don't like watching the watered down, overly edited, commercial interrupted version that the CW offers. Indeed, when I ran across the theme music playing earlier this summer, I got hooked on hanging out with the girls. But now I find I must make a trip to a local video rental establishment and bring home the real deal. I've only seen about half of the episodes overall, and only the first season without cuts and commercials. Ah. It is so very noble to pursue a quest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blow up the TV. You will be amazed at the results.

Bellona of Avalon said...

I really don't watch much tv, Ed. Mostly movies and PBS. You just like blowing things up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, okay.

Anonymous said...

OH, but they are so good...I have yet to see the movie...I have watched every episode...but not the movie...waiting for it to come out on DVD!!!

Deanna said...

I find that once I start to watch one episode, 3 hours later I realize that I've squandered an afternoon watching reruns. I've seen every episode at least 3 times, some more. Season 4 is my favorite.

My favorite episode is the one called "My Motherboard, My Self." I love the line about the support that just shows up.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Nice to see you, SJ! I loved the one where Samantha was attempting to subvert her lusty thoughts through meditation and noticed that her mentor was aroused. He said, it will go down, Samantha replied, so do I!