Thursday, August 14, 2008

Coffee Quest

Ed! My quest for a coffeemaker is complete! And while the new Mr. Coffee, Model FTX44, has more bells and whistles than I require, it has the two features I truly wanted. Automatic shut-off and takes a basket type filter. Should I forget to shut Mr. C down as I'm getting out the door in the morning, after two hours he will quietly turn himself off. Pause-N-Serve is good, but my old coffee maker had that one, too. What I really like about FTX44 is that the warming plate has a heat adjustment. This way I hope that the coffee won't attain that overcooked taste just a few minutes after brewing. We shall see tomorrow morning when I take him for his inaugural spin.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Mazel tov!

Deanna said...

I have the perfect coffee to inaugurate Mr. C. Drop me a line with your address and I'll get it out to you!

oaxacadyk(at)yahoo(dot)com

Bellona of Avalon said...

Really? For me? Thanks!