Wednesday, August 27, 2008

As The Summer Wanes

I am relishing my final mid-week day off of the season. The 16yo just got home from his first partial day at school, the meeting for the junior class. The 20yo will be over soon to drop off his laundry, he starts classes next week. I go back to work full time next week. A moment of silence whilst I whine just a bit. Silent whining...there, I feel so much better. Don't get me wrong, I do like my job, torturing seeds is a noble thing to do in the name of better germination rates and herbicide resistant gmo's. And I do love the lighter summer work schedule. It's just so hard to say goodbye to the long light days and the warmth and smells of summer. But I also love the turn of the seasons, the great wheel of life and death and rebirth that echoes in all things. I don't think I could live happily with perpetual summer. I actually like snow. Except for the shoveling part. And we shouldn't have to deal with that for at least a couple more weeks.

No comments: