Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yardwork Playlist


Gotta have tunes while eradicating pesky weeds. I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted, I could not locate my little garden clipper device. I suspect it may be rusting somewhere in the middle of the compost heap. May have to purchase a new one. I hope on clearance at Lowe's. At any rate, whilst I was weeding the iPod was shuffling, and this is what I heard:

* FantasyLand, Hank Harris
* Record Machine, Abby SomeOne
* Come Monday, Jimmy Buffet
* Come Rain or Come Shine, Bette Midler, For the Boys soundtrack
* One Word Whisper, Abby SomeOne
* Time for Me to Fly, REO Speedwagon
* Wild Nights, Van Morrison
* Wake Me When the Sun Goes Down, Red Willow Band
* Feels Like Home, Bonnie Raitt, Michael soundtrack
* Losing My Religion, REM
* Midnight Hour, Commitments soundtrack
* Summertime, Aaron Neville
* Favorite Mistake, Sheryl Crow
* Sunshine of Your Love, Cream

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Man, I love The Commitments soundtrack. I threw a party at 1117 1st St (drive by and wave at the ghost) when I was first in Brookings. That soundtrack turned the party into a dance party.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Love, love, love the movie, too! I seem to adore movies where people speak with some sort of British Isles accent. I love the part where Jimmy instructs the members of the band to stop listening to "pop" music on the radio and really get into the soul persona. He tells these very white, very Irish kids to think, I'm black, and I'm proud! All with a perfect Dublin accent!