Friday, July 4, 2008

Looking for Mr. Coffee

I have chosen the artwork for tattoo #3. I have made an appointment with my body artist for next week. It's my birthday present to me. I think Colleen is coming along for moral support. Hmm. Needles. Blood. Pain. What kind of a birthday gift am I giving myself?!?! Answer, a little bit of permanent artwork on my tummy, to the right and above my navel. A dark blue crescent moon as the priestesses of Avalon displayed on their foreheads, only not on my forehead, and in the center of the crescent the symbol for my sign of the zodiac. A few years ago when I was seriously contemplating my first tattoo, my friend Mary warned me that most people who get one tattoo go on to do it again. For some, again and again and again. Tattooing becomes something of an addiction for them. I think I'll be done after this third one, but I imagine only time will tell. Three is, after all, that mystical number of occurrence. Which makes me wonder, with having replaced my slowly dieing stove a week ago, and with my coffee maker emitting unusual noises the last couple of days, is a third appliance soon to follow? A coffee maker isn't a huge expense and it wouldn't be painful to replace. If a third appliance is about to give up the ghost I can only hope it's near the toaster end of the cost spectrum. Can't think of a third incidence of three at the moment. Although when asked what I want for my birthday I have answered, a boyfriend! So if he should happen to materialize, he would be my third dating experience since I became single again. And if he shows up bearing a coffee maker, so much the better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, when will you start piercing?
Flagellating? Proceed with caution. Bunn makes the best darn coffee maker. A French press is also very good, but a little gauche for me.

Bellona of Avalon said...

No flagellating, not into that kind of trip. Already pierced, six is enough for me. Considering the Bunn. What I really need is one that has an automatic shut-off feature. I hate leaving the house and then have that nagging feeling of wondering if I remembered to shut the darn thing off. The French press I find a bit frou-frou, although the device itself is quite elegant looking.

Deanna said...

I'm at 3 tattoos. I figure any multiple of 3 will work so that by getting a fourth, I'm committing to 5 and 6 as well.

I have a Mr. Coffee, bare-bones, and a French press (pas gauche!). I actually love the press for loose-leaf tea.