Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Leaving Fifty Behind

Tis the eve of my fifty-first birthday. And how nice that my birthday is falling on my day off! I have no brilliant thoughts in my head , or anywhere else, concerning this fact. I do feel appreciative for a number of things at this moment. My short term memory is functioning quite well. My house is relatively clean. My perfectly horrible haircut from the end of March is nearly grown out. I am teetering on the brink of menopause but the soy supplement is relieving the symptoms quite nicely, thank you. Fiscal year me begins tomorrow and I'm kicking it off with a new tattoo and lunch and a bit of shopping with Colleen. I have no agenda for this next year but somehow enormous expectations for it. I have a feeling that desires are on the verge of being answered. Instead of merely waiting for it, I've spent time and energy these last months preparing for some inevitable ship that's about to sail in. This last year has been a year of questions and ponderings. This next year I hope will be one of replies and accomplishment.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Happy birthday! Here's to a great year ahead! Next time I'm in the Big B, vino's on me!

Anonymous said...

You are still a kitten.

Bellona of Avalon said...

I have had a really wonderful day! I'm just too pooped to write about it now. La guera, I look forward to wining with you. And, Ed, you are better than a boyfriend!

Anonymous said...

I am even better than the battery operated ones. Mostly.

Bellona of Avalon said...

I've never had a battery operated boyfriend. Don't think I want one. I prefer a man who is naturally energized...