Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hippo Birdie to Me

Hmm. Let's see. Birthday was good. Colleen and I traveled south to Sioux Falls and our first stop was at Vishnu Bunny. Thanks to Jeff I have a new tattoo on my tummy which is still a little red and sore but worth the ouch factor. We then proceeded to have a lovely bit of lunch at Food and Fermentation. Yum. On to the sculpture walk where I have a very cute photo of Colleen and a trio of dancing sheep. Which would be displayed prominently here if only I could figure out how to get said photo to travel from my phone to my laptop. I have a multitude of cables but none of them quite work. I will figure this out. I really need to remember to grab my camera which translates ever so easily to this medium. There were a few shopping stops which included the discovery of something called TrollBeads. One of them spoke to the Norwegian half of me and after a quick swipe of the plastic came home with me. How could I possibly resist being captivated by a sterling silver handcrafted bead called Brew of the Moor that was described as follows:

...awake in silent darkness, reality put to trial,
are young girls happily dancing in the brewing mist
of the moor, did sense change place with hope
when your heart became bewitched.

After trekking back north to home sweet home I enjoyed birthday brownies accompanied by coffee ice cream with my two adorable sons. A goofy text message from my sis completed a lovely day. Fifty-one has begun!

No comments: