Saturday, July 12, 2008

Harmonious?

It would seem that I have enrolled myself at eHarmony. Inadvertently. Sort of. They keep sending me these emails. So last night when I was bored I clicked on the link to their website. And I filled out the profile screen. The final screen is where they ask for money. And it was late. And I was tired. I didn't feel committed to the concept. So I closed it all out and went to bed. This morning I checked my email and I had seven matches! Seven! From Nebraska and California and Idaho and Colorado! Mr. Nebraska was keen to see a picture of me. Due to the fact that I am generally unphotogenic and that I had a serious case of bedhead at the time and was in my jammies, taking a new photo was not an option. I solicited help from the 16yo to reformat my blog portrait to meet their pix specs while I drank coffee and attempted to process what the hell I was doing. The thing is, I don't get to look at their pictures until I pay the fee. And all the while they get to look at mine. Is it worth the twenty bucks? Help me out here! Is this a reasonable way to find a guy?

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Do it! I like eHarmony better than the others like Yahoo and Match because it feels less like overt shopping for men. Plus it's more "private." I had several dates through eHarmony a few years ago. I did feel pigeon-holed into a specific profession with them, though. It made me wonder which questions I answered to get those matches. I count the 20 smackers towards entertainment. It's highly entertaining if nothing else! Good luck!

And, BTW, I finally figured out Sue's last name with an old catalog. I was frustrated that I had to cheat, but when I saw it I said, "Of course."

Bellona of Avalon said...

I misread the pricing! For twenty bucks a month I would have gone for it without hesitation. It's 20 per month when you sign up for a full year, $240 total. Just one month is sixty bucks! I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that it costs sixty bucks to fill up my car with gas!

Deanna said...

To use a term I learned whilst living in the Big B, uff da. Don't they have a wallet-friendly 3-month subscription? What's a girl to do?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Wine. Extensive DVD collection. Chocolate. Uff da indeed.

Anonymous said...

Go to a bar. Get hammered. Wake up with a new boyfriend. Or is that too '70s?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Unfortunately, I've matured beyond doing casual, Ed. I might make an exception for you...