Sunday, July 27, 2008

Drifting East

Drifting east. That's what the 16yo says to describe that feeling of tiredness and disconnectedness that is out of sync with the time zone you are in. And that is where I am today! I stayed up last night past the point of exhaustion. My newfound adopted daughter Nancy and I ventured over to the metropolis of Bruce, SD for street dancing, merriment making, and flirting shamelessly with boys. All accompanied by a tolerable alcoholic buzz. Maybe I'm just out of the habit of staying up into the wee hours of the next day. We vacated back to Brookings after the band stopped playing and just as the street brawling began. Then there was evading the guy in the yellow tshirt who was thinking a mother/daughter thing just might be pretty darned interesting. I did meet a cute guy. But I don't want to talk about it. In my current state of easterly drifting I may have just imagined J into existence. So I'll talk about him later. When I'm more firmly planted in the same time zone.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

What fun! I hope to see the whole scoop sometime. Maybe you conjured J into existence and is therefore, real.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Mmm...conjuring. Interesting concept. At an initial look, J is awfully close to something I'd conjure up. And the moon was waning, a phase when my goddess powers peak. I'll keep you posted!