Sunday, June 29, 2008

Muffins and Mimosas

Can you still call it a garden party if it's too wet, windy and chilly to actually be outside in the garden? So chilly that I abandoned the idea of serving mimosas and went with hot chocolate, tea and coffee instead. There were muffins, of the blueberry and banana walnut variety. I do love typing the word banana. Banana, banana, banana. As well as buttermilk scones from Baking With Julia. There was also lively conversation and much laughter. What a perfect way to spend a Saturday morning. The unpleasant weather did prevent us from being out of doors, but my new couch has a floral print so I'm calling it a garden party anyway. Joining me for my second annual celebration of the yard looks pretty good so let's show it off now are, standing, Nancy, Janet and Janet, and seated, Elizabeth, Sue, Sandy, and KD. Below is a similar shot including me when KD hopped up to take over camera duties. Thanks ladies! Maybe next year we need to have a little "meeting" the day before to ensure better weather.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Did you make the blueberry muffins that you posted about in the past? I made that recipe a couple of weeks ago after finding it scratched out on an old address list. Yum and thanks!

It's fun to see 2 faces I recognize. Thanks for posting names as I would have had to exert serious brain power to come up with Sue and KD's names. Their last names are forever lost, though! C'est la vie. Actually as I type, KD's is coming to me! Got it. :)

Bellona of Avalon said...

The muffins are that same recipe. How cool that you saw a couple of familiar faces! KD teaches in the English Dept. at SDSU, if that helps.
Sue and KD were my bike buddies before I went back to work full time and I really miss that time with them.

Deanna said...

I remembered KD's last name...one time her husband stopped by my house (that used to belong to Susan Shaw) to pick some echinacea. And Sue...maybe I know her from AAUW? Or through her husband. If I can't come up with it, I'll give you my email.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Sue is a madwoman, she also knits like crazy. There are at least a couple of social/knitting groups here, did you participate in Fibre Guild? I think Sue is in that group. Her husband recently retired from the Sociology dept at SDSU. KD and her hubby don't have the same last name, did you remember that?

Deanna said...

I hadn't discovered fiber arts until I moved back to Colo in 2002.

Sue's husband--I was thinking journalism. Hmmm.

Yeah, I did remember that about KD. I remember him and their daughter from Susan Shaw's parties. He wore that heart monitor thing on his arm all the time.