Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ballroom

There are ever so many descriptive terms for the male parts. Just now I was considering specifically the pair of parts behind the one that gets all of the attention. If we wish to be technical and correct, we would refer to them as the testes or testicles. Perhaps the funniest name for them I have ever heard is weeniecheeks. This particular word came about when the 5 yo son of acquaintances bent over to examine his equipment. He gleefully exclaimed, "Dad! My weenie has cheeks!" Aside from the commonplace references such as balls or nuts, there is the term mutorcs, which is scrotum spelled backwards. Recently I heard two new ones, at least, they were new to me. Appropriately enough, I became aware of these anatomical references while watching Grey's Anatomy. Pouch potatoes. Mantaloupes. And who can forget the old standbys, family jewels, nads, bean bag and cahones. It just occurred to me how frightfully fitting this subject is for fathers' day. And even though this might be the perfect time to take up the boxers or briefs debate...I believe enough has been said.

No comments: