Friday, April 25, 2008

Springy Snow

Why do I watch Ghost Whisperer? Could it be that Mr. Ghostwhiperer can be counted on to make an appearance in just his abdominal six-pack and a towel in nearly every episode? Think I just answered my own question. There is a full blown stinkin' blizzard going on just outside my window! This is April 25th! And this is weather that is January worthy in intensity! Except that by now, if this were indeed January, it would be dark outside by now. And it would have been dark for over three hours at this point. As I look beyond the sleeping Einstein through my bedroom window, there is still considerable light in the sky. Traced against it are the still bare branches of the silver elm in the back yard. It's near about leafing time. And lilac time. In this land of infinite variety we had a thunder storm yesterday afternoon and today there is something like six inches of heavy wet snow on the ground. Snow that will likely be melted away in the next forty-eight hours. It took me an hour to get home from work today. Normally, the three or so miles between work and lab are traversed in seven minutes with the lights in my favor. Ten with the lights uncooperative. This hour long ordeal included digging my car out from under snow and ice, driving, and a quick pit-stop at the liquor store. Where I found J Lohr's Wildflowers Monterey Valdigue at such an incredible price that I stocked up. For some reason, ponderable or otherwise, I have been thinking that it might be pretty okay to go out on a date. You know, that social thing where Leo (see, Meeting Leo, from several days ago) calls me and inquires as to whether I might care to share a meal or a movie or some other social engagement with him and we do just that. Dating has seemed to me of late to be somewhat of a repugnant ritual I must endure to find and bond with Mr. Leo. But for some reason, on this snowy spring evening, my brain has decided that dating might possibly be enjoyable. Fun. Wildfowers, anyone?

No comments: