Friday, April 4, 2008

Packing

Jeans are in the dryer. Pink luggage is in the guest room waiting to be filled with stuff. Stuff that I either need or think I might need in the next ten days. The 15yo and I just had a lovely dinner of angel hair pasta and meatballs. I have too much to do and I'm not getting to any of it. Oh, did I mention that I'm leaving on the Colorado/Arizona/Black Hills road trip tomorrow? I hope in the morning. Maybe just barely before noon. I'm mildly annoyed over how much I'm going to miss these two totally ungrateful cats. But wasn't it lovely outside today? Sixty-two degrees at mid-afternoon. A little windy. But this is South Dakota. My reimbursement check from the vision insurance has not arrived. I was thinking that would be just the right amount of cash to take on the road. But it didn't show up. I chose my regular, out-of-network eye doctor and optician, which means that I paid for everything and now wait for reimbursement based on a schedule included in my plan. I tried to check the progress of my claim. Went to their interactive website. Entered my member/plan ID number and name and location. A box popped up asking for my claim number. I have no claim number! This is a company that boasts no forms, it's a totally paperless system! I have no claim number. And lacking one, cannot check on the progress of my claim. I'm not holding my breath. Is this the weekend when Daylight Saving Time normally goes into effect? If it is, in just over 24 hours my computer and VCR will leap forward an hour. I thought about making coffee about an hour ago but then decided no, not a good idea. Because then, probably around 2 am, I'll be all wired and wakeful instead of sleeping like I should. I have some things I should tend to in the kitchen. Oh, yeah, and I need to pack.

No comments: