Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hospitality

I have this theory about the hospitality industry. I believe that a secret government mandate exists that requires the industry to employ a minimum of ten percent of its workforce with angry people involved in the Federal Witness Protection Program. Case in point would be Carolyn who checked me in to my room yesterday. She was cranky and brusque while the woman back in the office was friendly. Perhaps they should trade places! I didn't take it personally, maybe witness relocatee Carolyn was having a bad day. Until this morning. Carolyn quite loudly informed me, while I was trying to decide between the Cheerios and the Raisin Bran (no Froot Loops!), that I must wear shoes! I have stayed in hotels all over in the last ten years and have wandered sleepily down to breakfast in my jammies and bare feet and nobody minded in the least. It makes me feel like I'm at home. After all, I just like to shop for shoes, not necessarily wear them! I grabbed a tray and took my breakfast back to my room. I wonder what I will do next that will offend Carolyn. Not that I'm planning anything deliberate...

No comments: