Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Secrets

It seems that I have a secret admirer. Or perhaps an enormous practical joke is being perpetrated upon me. Either way, I have in my possession a lovely handmade Valentine card. Customized with a sticker of Daffy Duck. This card appeared in my work mail box sometime last Thursday afternoon. And I am completely perplexed as to who placed it there. I work with a couple of crafty women who make cards, but neither of them will own up to having done it. I've been snooping around at various desks and work stations to get a look at handwriting. No obvious matches. I have taken to randomly thanking people for the beautiful card they gave me. Mostly I get blank stares or a puzzled "you're so welcome!" in reply. I have pretty much given up trying to figure out who my admirer is, it would be fun to know, but there aren't any single guys around my age where I work. Which mostly rules out the possibility of a real relationship blossoming from this sweet and much appreciated gesture. I don't have many rules, but based on the bad experiences of those close to me, I have a firm rule about dating anyone I work with. And that rule is, it's a bad idea, don't do it!! I must admit I'm enjoying being admired. I recommend it. Everyone should have the chance to bask in admiration sometime. Even if they never discover the source.

No comments: