Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolution Evolution

Not feeling particularly reflective. Guess I was reflective over the weekend, auld lang in-syne-ity hit me early this year. I wrote six pages in my journal yesterday, my personal journal wherein I write the really juicy, interesting stuff. Helps me filter out what I should probably not be sharing in this space. I don't make new year's resolutions. I never have, except in the most general of ways. It just doesn't seem reasonable to vow to change your bad habits on the eve of possibly suffering from a profound hangover. I love, love, love the white chocolate KitKat bars. That surprises me since I don't particularly care for the standard milk chocolate variety. What's on for tonight? I have Dove chocolate covered almonds. I have three movies to watch. I have a bottle of champagne. I have flannel pajamas. Sounds like staying in is the thing to do when the temperature outside is threatening to hover around zero tonight. When I wake up in the morning to 2008 I shall greet the new year by making waffles and sausage for breakfast. I feel optimistic about the upcoming year despite the fact that it's an election year and I'm already so terribly weary of political rhetoric. It doesn't matter to me if you call it prayer, meditation, or merely contemplating the color of the lint in your navel. Take a moment at midnight and dwell on worthy and positive things. Like peace, love and understanding. It couldn't hurt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Political rhetoric? I'm sure they all mean what they say. Don't they stay up late thinking of methods to improve the state of the world? Happy New Year.

Bellona of Avalon said...

If the political speech writers went on strike maybe we'd get the real story. Or maybe it would just be very, very quiet. Happy New Year to you, too.

Anonymous said...

It would be very quiet.