Friday, November 16, 2007

Been To Spamalot

Where have I been for nearly two weeks!! Omaha, Spamalot, and working too many hours. It is Friday. It is pay day. I get to sleep in tomorrow! The pizza will be here soon. Double pepperoni for my son and Italian sausage and mushroom for me. My cat, Einstein, has an unholy attraction to plastic bottle caps. He wakes me up at 4 am playing bottle cap hockey on the laminate kitchen floor. And, yes, I bought a digital camera. I haven't consulted the owner's manual as of yet but I'm having a great deal of fun playing with it. I also recently purchased a device called the Furminator. It's a tool that removes excess fuzz from the cats, quite well, actually when they are cooperating with the process. With any luck this means I won't have so many clumps of cat hair to vacuum up. And Newt and Steinie should experience fewer expectorant hairballs. A good thing all around for all the inhabitants of this house. There is a beer with my name on it in the refrigerator. Well, it really has Mr. Leinenkugel's name on it, but I get to drink it. A little later I'll drool over Kyle Chandler on the television. If he were to show up on my doorstep bearing a pumpkin muffin with a sinful amount of cream cheese icing on top I would probably let him in. A lovely hot bath would also seem to be in order. I really should set the recyclable materials out to the curb next Friday or soon there will not be enough room to park the Subaru in there. I have a poem brewing in my head about the pitifulness of Friday night singlehood that is filled with beer, pizza, tv, and a bubblebath. I had best go and write it before it escapes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something is in the air. I can feel it.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Hi SJ! What is it that you feel in the air?

Anonymous said...

I feel that something backwards is going on. With everyone.