Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Short

I'm a little short today. On kindness. And patience. And all the other good stuff that generally make one tolerable to be around. Although a nice long soak in the tub and a cat cuddle have improved my mood somewhat. I've just had a difficult more than a day, but less than a month, somewhere in that range thing going. Mad at the local school system for not doing more for my son. Mad at my son for not tending to business and doing as well at school as he is capable. Annoyed at my elder son for not handling some real-world lessons as well as he ought to. And subsequently being annoyed with myself for not preparing him well enough to deal with real-world crap. And my basement is full of fifteen year old boys who think they're pirates. They will be gone soon and the house will settle into its normal weeknight quiet. Newton and Einstein will calm down and tomorrow will give all of us a new opportunity, probably many, to demonstrate patience and kindness. I'm tired and need sleep, feel like I've been short on that, lately, too. Happy Halloween.

No comments: