Thursday, September 27, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Monday, September 10, 2007
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Bellona’s Grown-Up Wish List For a Man
That She Could Love
1. Healthy, or at least working on it, in mind, body, and spirit.
2. He should smile not just with his mouth but also with his eyes.
3. Doesn’t have to have a regular day job but should be responsible with money.
4. Not too neat and buttoned-up appearance-wise, a little rumpled and goofy is so sexy!
5. He must read! And interested in all kinds of ideas and be able to discuss without lecturing.
6. He must have a creative outlet. Music, painting, drawing, writing. I would love to have someone to sing and/or write with.
7. He must have some sort of spiritual calling, belief in a higher power, feel a connection to the earth as well as the stars.
8. No addictions! Well, coffee’s okay. Nicotine or any tobacco use not okay! Drug or alcohol abuse not okay, but if in the past a history of sobriety essential.
9. Not rigid or negative or angry in thought, anal or overly critical.
10. Able to talk about and express feelings.
11. Must be kind, love animals, laugh easily.
12. Must be comfortable and content at home but also be up for travel, adventure, shared experiences.
13. Must appreciate simple pleasures like cheeseburgers, naps, garden tomatoes, a lovely glass of wine, holding hands, reading to a child, bubble baths and massages.
14. Must be comfortable with affection.
15. Would it be too much to ask if he would rub my feet?
16. Must be confident enough in our bond to let me have my own time and interests away from him.
17. He must love my sons! And my cats.
18. Maybe we could live together in the mountains or near water, build a house that is ours, not mine or his.
19. He must be a grown-up! So I don’t have to be all the time.
20. We must be able to tell each other, in a kind and constructive way, about things that bother/irritate us about each other.
21. He’ll have to dance with me.
22. He must be able to commit to a faithful and monogamous relationship.