Friday, July 6, 2007

More Random Thoughts

The new fruity Cheerios are actually better than Froot Loops. I have the next three days off work. I think I left the garage door open when I got home. If I never get on a motorcycle again, I will still feel as though I've lived a whole and complete life. With one small exception...I would love to be a passenger for Jim's Tap Annual Ride Through. At work there is a woman who will not speak to me. This has been going on for over a month now. Whenever possible, I speak to her. I especially enjoy greeting her enthusiastically first thing in the morning. Next week I start phase two of my summer painting project. Yesterday I took my car in for its very first oil change. The adjustment to my new glasses has been pretty effortless. I didn't write a single poem during the month of June, but I wrote one yesterday. My friend Shawn likes to say that he still has bats in his belfry, but now they mostly fly in formation. I wonder if he made that up or if he just steals from excellent sources, like his dad. Do you know what DILLIGAF stands for? I not only had a barbecue adventure last weekend, I think I may have died and gone to bbq heaven. If you have seen the movie Logan's Run, you know that cats always have three names. With the help of my younger son's tireless and wacky imagination, our cats now have three names. Newton Q. Tigercat, the Q is for Q-tee-pie, and Einstein P. Pinkietoes, the P is for Prettyboy. The building I work in has more weird temperature fluctuations than a menopausal matriarch. I think I've had birthday sex only one time, to the best of my recollection the year was 1999. I have learned to be like water. The Frankenmuth Brewery closed before I had the opportunity to make a pilgrimage there. My deep sadness over ending the LDR with the CPPR is slowly morphing into wisdom and acceptance. I'm grateful that I have managed to not become so cynical that I still have it in me to believe in the power of romantic love and the existance of soulmates. When my novel gets optioned, I will absolutely have to write the screenplay.

No comments: