Saturday, July 21, 2007

Grenadine

How is it that I choose paint colors associated with drinking, such as grenadine? An essential component of a Tequila Sunrise. Or a paint color that actually is an alcoholic beverage, Pink Sangria, which is the color of my kitchen and living room now. And not just drinking, but a specific geographical location! Mexico, or perhaps the desert southwest of the USA. In a roundabout way this does make sense. The leftover paint from these two major painting projects will be used to paint a room in the basement that is decorated with a desert southwest theme. Chili pepper lights and rugs and posters and refrigerator magnets. I'm soooo coordinated. I'm typing while the wall patching dries and contemplating taking a shower. I'm all dusty from scraping the bubble texture off the ceiling areas where I'm about to paint. Then I would be relatively presentable to run a couple of errands before it is time to paint. I believe it is a pizza night since Mom doesn't cook when she's in the middle of a project. I really should buy a powerball ticket. I have a set of numbers that I've been using lately when I purchase one. I don't think that they are especially lucky one way or another, but it would seriously annoy me if they were drawn tonight without me holding the winning ticket. Newton and Einstein are a little perturbed over me disrupting their little world with my painting. They get nervous when I start moving furniture around and making noise with power tools. And they really don't like the temporary platform I have constructed in the stairwell to make painting in there feasible. Nothing interesting to report so far, although I wasn't as careful as I should have been while taking down a light fixture. I received a little electrical buzz when I touched a wire I thought was dead but was in fact quite lively. This happened right after I assured my elder son that, yes actually, I did know what I was doing even though I had neglected to shut off the wall switch. When what I should have done was turn off the breaker. Which I will do when I install the new light fixture. Which I will do as soon as I take a shower and head out for Lowe's to acquire one. Yesterday's Oprah advised that home improvement centers are terrific places to meet guys. Last week when I was at Lowe's I was in the very departments they suggested, lumber and fasteners, and had no luck at all. That's also why I'm showering instead of just running out all dirty and schlumpy. But I'm not putting on high heels and a short skirt, that would be too obvious.

No comments: