Friday, June 29, 2007

Breakfast with Strangers

I love Froot Loops. The name is fake and delicious, just like the cereal. I only occasionally purchase Froot Loops for consumption at home. The premise is that I buy them for the children but then I eat them. Dry by the handful out of the box or in a bowl with milk. Thank you, Mr. Kellogg, FL's are a little bit of heaven on earth, a crunchy rainbow in a box. I have just eaten breakfast with strangers in the Lobby of the Days Inn. There may have been a champion there as well but it was not readily apparent to me. A married couple was arguing over the appropriate method to employ to properly warm up the french toast. He was toasting and she was deriding and ridiculing him for passing on the use of the microwave. Personally, when I heat up leftover french toast at home, I use both methods. A brief stint in the microwave to heat it through, then a light toasting cycle to restore that crispy outside texture reminiscent of freshly cooked. Syrup on the plate for dipping, then the toast, butter on top. She insisted she was right between bites of biscuit and gravy while he tried to enjoy his toasted french toast. Ahh, the joys of married life. I am in Rapid City once again. The LDR with the CPPR is a thing of the past although it's entirely likely I will see him at some point in the next three days. I'm here to see friends play music at the Heritage Fest and do other touristy things. Looking forward to a barbecue adventure in Keystone tonight where the Church of the Open Wallet Revival Band is playing. Until then, it is shopping and some sort of outdoor activity and my sciatic nerve wants a good, long soak in the hot tub.

No comments: