Monday, April 30, 2007

Random Thoughts & Questions

I like my new car. I got my hair trimmed this evening. An hour ago I turned over my old car to my older son. I sent cinnamon crunch bagels with him. On a small child, when is it that those cute little dimples on the backs of their hands turn into knuckles? I don't think I understand punk music. The pile of books on my nightstand that I haven't gotten to reading yet is six books tall. I absolutely love the sandalwood vanilla candles from White Barn. I bought a red linen sundress yesterday. I wonder where/when I'll wear it for the first time. A t-shirt I won two years ago may at this very moment be in the mail and on its way to me. My younger son has now eaten pizza four nights in a row. The first cd I listened to in my new car was AbbySomeOne's Back to Me. I very nearly ran over a garter snake while riding my bike yesterday. Why can my younger son remember completely random lyrics to weird songs yet forget to take a test over a book he has read for his English class? Why does the Subaru logo have six stars, do they represent something specific? How is it that my supervisor at work is six months pregnant and still has more energy than three of the rest of us combined? When I was pregnant all I wanted to do was eat and sleep. I'm still contemplating the possibilities and pitfalls of the long distance relationship. Tomorrow is May first, a holiday called Beltane to us Celtic pagan folk. While I will celebrate it in my own quiet way, the traditional ritual activity of making your cows leap over a bonfire to ensure their fertility is a little impractical for me. Mostly because I don't own any cows and I can see where the neighbors would have cause to complain. I really, really need to get out there and do some yard work. Get out the deck furniture and hang up the hammock. Then I'll have all of you over for gin & tonics and a bbq. As soon as I buy a grill.

No comments: