Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Technical Difficulties

I know, all of you are waiting patiently for a picture of me. Because I know all of you are curious as to how a peri-menopausal goddess looks. For those of you who haven't looked up the term peri-menopausal, it has nothing to do with vampirism which would render me unable to be photographed at all! At any rate, Colleen managed to capture me Sunday afternoon in some most flattering overcast light. In various corners of my backyard. What we seem to have going here is a Mac versus Windows incompatibility issue. Colleen e-mailed me a photo and while the file will download successfully to my computer I am unable to find an application that will open the darned thing! So I decided to out-think my electronic cohort by copy/pasting the url of the photo attachment directly into the blog! But that didn't work, either. I guess we're all going to have to be just a little more patient until Colleen gets all the photos cropped and polished and burned onto a cd. Because I'm most certain that my primitive computer skills can deal with that. I am not a technophobe! I actually have an iPod and possess the ability to add to my music library and create a playlist from that library. And then go so far as to download that playlist onto my Shuffle! Both of my geek sons have informed me (with a wicked gleam in their eyes) that it's a good thing all the iPod incarnations contain something called backward compatibility. Otherwise my ancient music wouldn't play on it. I sweetly reply to them that the reason they are both so very smart is because their smart mother drank her milk and took her vitamins when she was pregnant with them. So there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO, the Mac/PC problem strikes again! Isn't it about time someone should FIX this??! Steve Jobs? Bill Gates? C'mon guys; Isn't it about time to make things seamless?
(Just hoping someone might google the names, and finally make the Mac/PC thing WORK!)

We'll get you all a photo, eventually! For those who may be wondering, Carla's actually quite attractive. Of course, I'm speaking as a friend who considers herself QUITE fortunate to have found such a smart, interesting woman while doing a "temporary" stint in a seed testing laboratory.

We'll let you all decide once the the photos actually appear!

Truthfully, though, one needs to know Carla personally, before one TRULY knows Carla. Anyone who's following this blog already knows that Carla is a very intelligent woman. Hardly news, eh? There's just SO much more to the package.