Sunday, March 4, 2007

Movement

Just in case anyone is sitting on the edge of their seat...I did not win the ten bucks at cards last night. I did, however, hostess the evening successfully and with great enthusiasm. With the exception of purchasing a deck of cards that were entirely in pink, well come on, I really like pink, but the suits were indecipherable in their pink and white two-tone loveliness. Pat had a deck delivered from home that was normal. So far as cards go. The evening itself wasn't entirely normal, at least not for me. Hence the title of the blog this evening. Movement. Have you ever experienced seeing someone in a different light? Someone that you've known for a while but really hadn't considered, shall we say, seriously, before? Since I have now consumed the lower half of the bottle of Blue Moon Oregon Reisling, the top half of which I consumed last night, I am in a mildly inebriated as well as thoughtful state. There has been movement within me as far as this particular person is concerned. And said movement has left me feeling warm and generous toward him where before I had considered him only in an amused and detached sort of fashion. And I have no idea where this is going or if it will amount to anything. My only observation is that since my luck seems to have run out where cards are concerned, maybe, just maybe, my luck where love is concerned may be on the upswing.

No comments: